Awards Night 2023
Senior PromTeachers Preparatory High School
Trip to Six FlagsTeachers Preparatory High School
Spring Creek High School Auditorium
GraduationTeachers Preparatory High School
Welcome Back 2022-2023!
- Our school year starts Thursday, September 8.
- Our school day is from 8:20am-2:40pm
- Click here for NYC DOE School Calendar 2022-2023
Welcome to the online home of Teachers Preparatory High School. Located in Brooklyn, New York, we serve students from ninth through twelfth grade. Our focus is on preparing students for college and life after high school. We offer many special programs and initiatives that enhance student learning and encourage academic success. Our curriculum gives students a strong foundation to build upon for a future of success and growth. We encourage you to browse our website and learn more about our school. We're happy you're here!
Click on link above to access the website to order Teachers Prep uniforms & swag
Enter Password: TPHS2021
Vendor: Richard Cohn
Contact Information: 516.220.7966
"Ease is a greater threat to progress than hardship."
Kayvia Hutchinson, Class of '20
Peer Group Connect
Upcoming Event: December Fundraiser, 12/2022
Peer Group Connection (PGC) is an evidence-based program that supports and eases students’ successful transition from middle to high school. The program taps into the power of high school juniors and seniors to create a nurturing environment for incoming freshmen. Once per week, pairs of junior and senior peer leaders meet with groups of 6-8 freshmen in outreach sessions designed to strengthen relationships among students across grades. These peer leaders are simultaneously enrolled in a daily, for-credit, year-long leadership course taught by school faculty during regular school hours.
Services found that, among other major results, PGC improves the graduation rates of student participants in an inner city public school by ten percentage points and cuts by half the number of male students who would otherwise drop out.
Thank You Steve Harvey!
A huge shout-out to Mr. Steve Harvey for donating suits from his collection for our Seniors to attend Prom in June!
Sports: Lady Tigers
E.G.O. "The Brotherhood"
E.G.O. (Extraordinary Gentlemen Organization) is a leadership group, originally pioneered by Mr. Torta, and is now facilitated by the male staff at TPS. The group has agreed to open up their program to all students and have initiated the first four females as Coordinators who will help promote and organize events, as well as increase membership. They gather weekly on Wednesdays in room 301 from during 5th period to discuss ways on how they can improve the school and community, as well as build life skills and learn to be mentors to each other. There are plans in place to bring great things to Teachers Prep including Movie Night, Career Day, March Madness and other E.G.O. sponsored events that exemplify leadership and leaving your community greater than you found it. For more information on how to get involved speak to Mr. Griffin in room 305 or Mr. Argento in room 206.
Upcoming Event: FAFSA Workshop 1/31/2023
TPS is excited to share with you our summer experience with the Peer Forward program. This past summer four of the eight students nominated to be peer leaders attended Daemon College in Buffalo, NY for a three day training. Under the advisory of Ms. Montgomery, these students will work together to train peers throughout the school year providing exposure to multiple colleges, completing the FAFSA form early and build leadership skills. Congratulations to the following students:
Follow them on Instagram @tps_peer_forward
Read about Peer Forward in the New York Times! Click here.
Learn more about Peer Forward by clicking here.
Across the country, high school seniors are getting ready to embark on a career path that starts with college. Your donation makes it possible for teams of Peer Leaders to mobilize all their classmates to do what it takes to get on the highway to higher education. Donate today, and more students from low-income communities will achieve their college and career dreams.
"My Single Shepherds are always looking out for me."
Shanique Brown, Class of '20
Photo Credit: Iretiogo Akinde
ROSE Girl's Empowerment Luncheon
What is Peer to Peer Mentoring?
- Increase the number of students engaged in a peer-to-peer mentorship programs
- Implement a college and career readiness curriculum into each program
- Promote positive changes in youths’ attitudes towards themselves, others, and their future
- Support school transitions and/or new school environments
- Increase high school attendance and graduation
- Equip youth with leadership skills
Congratulations to the TPS/FDAVII Double Dutch Team. We have done it again! We are the PSAL Double Dutch City Champs for a 7th time! The team was led by Captain Mercedes Smith and her 241 jumps in the singles competition. TPS student Terrian Reis also contributed to the teams championship win #doubledutch #citychamps
OneGoal. College Graduation. Period.
TPS has a slew of programs starting up this school year. We are proud to announce OneGoal as one of these programs. Under the advisory of Ms. Fundi (Cohort 1) and Ms. Fuller (Cohort 2), with the support of OneGoal staff, our 11th & 12th grade students will be getting a college ready experience unlike no other program available. Students begin their college exploration in the classroom and receive the support and advisory they need to:
- develop the skills that will help increase their GPA and college entrance exam scores, which in turn increases acceptance rates into more selective post-secondary schools.
- plan and sign up for important exams such as the PSAT and SAT
- complete the FAFSA form
- identify seven best-fit colleges.
- develop the non-cognitive skills and mindsets needed to graduate from college
- understand and put into practice OneGoal’s Leadership Principles: Ambition, Resourcefulness, Resilience, Professionalism, and Integrity
- apply to at least seven best-fit colleges
- enroll in a best-fit college
- accomplish academic, financial, and social Steps to Success
- enroll in the first day of sophomore year with the mastery of the skills, mindsets, and experience that will lead to college graduation
This is a three year program that will follow them through the start of their second year of college. For more information about OneGoal, please visit their website by clicking here.
"My favorite memory of TPS are the teachers and how kind they are."
Neferti Garcia, Class of '17
Photo Credit: Victor Parris
Feed Your Mind
TPS Presents: Cultural Experiences
On March 27, 2017, Teachers Prep welcomed the African Drum and Dance Troupe direct from Senegal. The group entertained students and staff with traditional drumming, dancing, folklore, acrobatics and history.
- Beat the Streets (Wrestling)
- Brownsville Multiservice Family Center
- Brownsville Youth Court
- Career Zone
- Free Fitness Classes @ShapeUpNYC
- Madison Square Boys & Girls Club
- Media Release Form
- MYBASE Youth Opportunity Center
- Neighbors in Action
- NYC College & Career Planning Team Student Opportunities
- NYC Parks Enrichment Workshops
- NYC Morning Bell